Connecticut companies to pitch at Shark Tank-style event for $10,000 grants for innovative project ideas
Rocky Hill, Conn. – Jan. 5, 2016 – CTNext, Connecticut’s go-to resource for entrepreneurial support, will host the Entrepreneur Innovation Awards finalist event on Thursday, Jan. 21, from 5 to 8 p.m., at The Bijou Theatre in Bridgeport, Conn. The Entrepreneur Innovation Awards (EIA) event is a competitive pitch process that provides $10,000 awards to entrepreneurs in Connecticut for their innovative project ideas.
The 10 finalists that will present five-minute pitches at the EIA event include:
- Aeolian Kitesurfing LLC (New Haven)
- Agrivolution LLC (South Windsor)
- Asarasi, Inc. (Cos Cob)
- Freedible, Inc. (Darien)
- FRESH Farm Aquaponics (South Glastonbury)
- MoVi Interactive (Hamden)
- OuttaVue LLC (Old Lyme)
- RepVisits (Wethersfield)
- Shoplandia, Inc. (Stamford)
- The TubieGuard (South Windsor)
The finalists will be evaluated by a panel of entrepreneurial experts, which include:
- Nat Brinn: Partner, Vital Venture Capital
- Doug Campbell: CEO at The Success Coach, Board Member of Crossroads Venture Group (CVG)
- Ed Goodwin: Angel Investment Forum
- Liddy Karter: Managing Director, Enhanced Capital Partners, Executive Director of Crossroads Venture Group (CVG)
- Andy Quinn: Co-founder, betweenMD
- David Tomczyk, PhD: Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategy, Director of MIC Project, Quinnipiac University
Date: Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016
Time: 5 – 8 p.m.
Place: The Bijou Theatre, 275 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Managed by Connecticut Innovations, CTNext is a statewide network of entrepreneurs, mentors, service providers and others involved in helping Connecticut’s most promising startups succeed and grow.
About Connecticut Innovations Inc.
Connecticut Innovations (CI) is the leading source of financing and ongoing support for Connecticut’s innovative, growing companies. To maximize the growth potential of each business, CI tailors its solutions and often combines its funds with resources from other financial leaders to provide venture capital and strategic support for early-stage technology companies; grants that support innovation and collaboration; and connections to its well-established network of partners and professionals. For more information on CI, visit www.ctinnovations.com.
CTNext is Connecticut’s innovation ecosystem. The goal of the program is to build a more robust community of entrepreneurs and to accelerate startup growth by providing access to talent, space, industry expertise, services, skill development, and capital to foster innovation and create jobs for people in Connecticut. CTNext was launched in 2012 and has worked with more than 800 companies.